The Chatelain Family

Monday, June 14, 2010

10 Weeks!



It has been 10 weeks since we were blessed with Drew Daniel Chatelain. I can't believe how fast time has flown by! Drew is growing and changing so much...I can't wait to see what his little personality will be. So here is what I have learned about the first 10 weeks of motherhood....

1. Giving birth to a child is the most wonderful
experience you will ever have.
2. Nursing is a lot harder and stressful than you
think! Kuddos to all who do it for so long!
3. Never be afraid to supplement with formula.
4. I can tell you anything you want to know about reflux.
5. Sleep when the baby sleeps (atleast for the
first few weeks)---I know it's a cliche, but SO
TRUE!!
6. Take pictures each week to document all the
changes.
7. Get out of the house on a regular basis...it's for your own sanity and makes you a better
momma!
8. Read lots of books for knowledge, but be flexible in setting your child's schedule. Each child is
different and responds differently to various techniques!
9. Facebook is great and QUICK way to get questions answered by other moms.
10. Enjoy every moment, because time really does pass too quickly.

So I've learned lots and I'm sure there are things I left off, but the bottom line is to embrace motherhood and enjoy every minute with your little one. This stage of their lives is so brief and I want to enjoy every moment! Before I know it, Drew will be 18 and heading off to college....

No comments:

Post a Comment